Motion graphics offer advertisers more opportunities to communicate value propositions, new products, and company ideology.
In this post, we break down 15 examples so you can get ideas for your next advertising campaign.
Dive into the world of animation with this guide!
You’ll discover how animated ads can make your message stand out. We’ll show you the best places to use your motion graphics and share the top benefits they bring.
Get ready to learn how animation can make your ads more exciting and effective!
The list of best Motion Graphics ads
Let's explore the best motion graphics ads out there before we get into their benefits and where to use them. Here are 15 top-notch examples to start with.
This video is a masterclass in brevity and impact.
It demonstrates the crucial skill of conveying a company's value proposition, key benefits, and a call to action, all within the tight confines of a 40-second window.
With stunning visuals, a captivating soundtrack, and dynamic animations, the Creattie video exemplifies how to effectively capture and retain audience attention in today's fast-paced digital environment.
In just 30 seconds, the Porsche ad above takes us through the evolution of the automobile through a famous California highway and into a dealership. Brands like Porsche sell a feeling rather than a solution and can accomplish this by utilizing motion graphics commercials.
Porsche uses incredible animated imagery, a laid-back VO, and upbeat background music to set the vibe. The iconic car manufacturer utilizes the medium to lean into the brand’s appeal and is successful in doing so in 30 seconds.
3. NEXT Insurance
The insurance industry is extremely difficult and highly competitive. As a result, companies need to differentiate themselves from a sea of other agencies while offering a product that no one really wants but everyone needs.
Motion graphics allows NEXT Insurance to target specific groups of people, in this case, small business owners, and offer them their specialized service.
The company recognizes that buying insurance isn’t a pleasant experience by creating imagery of ‘SuckTown.’ Animated ads allow companies like NEXT to create a visualization that takes the attention off a boring or mundane service but is essential to running a business.
Corcoran is a New York real estate company with a specific target market. Choosing property and real estate animated explainer video allows the firm to create a commercial that appeals to wealthy New Yorkers by providing imagery of the upscale life in the Hamptons.
The best motion graphics ads identify the target market quickly and create a commercial that appeals to a particular type of person.
Corcoran operates all over New England, but this campaign is targeted specifically at people looking for property in the Hamptons. The designers do an excellent job of showing scenes from specific locations that showcase all the advantages of purchasing property in the upscale community.
Chase is a globally recognized brand that stays competitive by offering new, innovative products. For example, Chase uses motion graphics in the commercial above to introduce a ‘First’ debt card catered to children.
Rolling out a specific product requires an advertising campaign, primarily if you operate a recognizable brand like Chase. Motion graphics are used in this case to show the benefits of the ‘First’ banking card.
The commercial successfully communicates the advantages of using the new product for both parents and children. Animation allows the marketers to quickly go through all the features and demonstrate exactly how the ‘First’ Card is useful from both perspectives.
6. Sky TV
30-second ads can be incredibly effective if you keep the messaging straightforward and simple. Sky TV, a British cable, internet, and phone company, does just that in the advertisement above.
Most people in the UK have heard about Sky TV, so they don’t need to get into reliability, service, or customer care. Instead, the commercial is centered around a promotional offer with a new low rate that lasts for 3 years.
People are cutting costs, and one of the first things to go is entertainment. Sky TV recognizes the trend and utilizes motion graphics to advertise a new promotion to UK residents. The graphics are simple and uses highlights of bright colors that make their new deals stand out.
7. Nestle NatureNes
The video above is another recognizable brand offering a new product. Nestle is known for its variety of food products but doesn’t have a strong reputation in the health food sector.
Nestle choose a motion graphics ad to communicate the natural features of their new product line, NatureNes. The ad takes us literally into the product and navigating all around the Earth, showcasing each ingredient in its natural form.
The motion graphics commercial does an incredible job of portraying the natural foods vibe with colorful imagery of wildlife and landscapes. Animation allows the designers to take us into the product and communicate its natural ingredients.
8. Coca Cola
Motion graphics ads are a great way to boost brand awareness. Coke has dominated the beverage sector with virtually one product; they do so through strategic marketing, memorable ad campaigns, and brand recognition.
The motion graphics commercial above states that Coca-Cola isn’t offering a massive product line; instead, they focus on the diversity of people who enjoy coke. Animation allows the brand to showcase all the different types of people from around the world that appreciate their products.
One of the most significant advantages of utilizing animation for advertisements is telling a story. Oreo does so through some of the most iconic monster stories in children’s literature.
Oreos are given to Dracula, the Big Bad Wolf, a giant squid, and Big Foot and change their perspective on life. Motion graphics allows the animators to jump to various scenes with iconic characters and tell multiple short stories, all within a 30-second commercial.
As more business owners feel the need to use digital marketing platforms, Mailchimp is capitalizing on the shift. The email marketing company uses an animated ad to show how all business owners, no matter their trade, can benefit from using Mailchimp.
The commercial takes us through various characters who operate a diverse range of businesses and delivers an empowering message that appeals to the entrepreneurial sprit. Caricatures allows the designers to create an incredible range of unique personalities and scenes that demonstrate the versatility of Mailchimp’s email marketing tool.
11. Starks Law
Creating urgency is one of the fundamentals of a good advertisement. Motion graphics allows marketers to use creative ways of driving a narrative and providing a solution.
Starks Law utilizes animation to personify shadows that take the shape of debt collectors. The shadows retreat once the protagonist finds refuge at a Stark’s Law office.
Accomplishing this type of ad in live-action is nearly impossible without CGI and a hundred-thousand-dollar budget. By using animation for advertising, the marketer is given the opportunity to communicate the value of the service to heights unattainable with other mediums.
12. Spotify - Pet Playlist
The pet industry is on a remarkable growth trajectory, and Spotify has tapped into this trend with their ingenious 'Pet Playlist' feature campaign.
Recognizing that their target audience skews younger, Spotify cleverly adopted a vibrant and contemporary 2d motion graphics style.
They also acknowledged the predominance of social media in their audience's media consumption habits, opting for a no-voiceover strategy that conveys their message visually.
This creative and strategic choice ensures the ad’s effectiveness even when viewed on mute – a smart move for the typically sound-off environment of social media scrolling.
13. A future begins
What's more compelling than a heartfelt story set to an evocative soundtrack?
Chipotle's commitment to nurturing the future of farming shines through their support initiatives, such as seed grants, scholarships, and extended contracts.
This resonant message has captured hearts, reflected in the video's success with over 11 million views on YouTube alone. The community's overwhelmingly positive reaction underlines the impact of Chipotle's narrative and their genuine investment in the welfare of the next generation of farmers.
14. Google Home App
The buzz was unmistakable when Google released this video—it became an instant talking point among designers.
UI and UX enthusiasts dissected the fresh designs that were only glimpsed in the animation, while motion graphics professionals marveled at the simplicity and magnetism of the video.
Google's philosophy of 'less is more' really comes to life here, demonstrating just how they've remained at the forefront of the industry for so long. Their ability to captivate with minimalism is truly a testament to their mastery of engaging content.
Chase First Banking
Who said finance had to be yawn-inducing?
The marketing gurus at Chase First Banking tossed that old stereotype out the window with a heartwarming animation. It's a narrative wrapped in love and care, seasoned with a spritz of zest. You might think, 'It's just another ad about a banking product, right?'
But here's where the magic happens: they anticipate the hesitations any parent might have about giving their kid a credit card and address them head-on. We see joyful children and nurturing parents, all thanks to this thoughtful financial tool. It's storytelling with a purpose and a brilliant strategy at play.
What are the advantages of motion graphics ads?
Motion graphics ads offer a number of advantages:
- Engagement: They capture attention quickly with visual appeal, which is essential in a world where consumers are bombarded with content.
- Complexity Simplified: They can break down complex ideas into easy-to-understand visuals, making them perfect for explaining products or services.
- Brand Consistency: They help maintain brand consistency with the use of specific color schemes, typography, and design elements aligned with your brand identity.
- Shareability: High-quality motion graphics are more likely to be shared on social media, increasing the reach of your campaign.
- Memorability: Unique and creative motion graphics are more memorable, which helps in brand recall and recognition.
- Accessibility: They can be designed to be accessible across different devices and platforms, from smartphones to desktops.
- Versatility: They can be repurposed for various marketing materials, including online ads, social media posts, presentations, and trade shows.
- Cost-Effective: They can be more cost-effective than live-action videos because they don’t require actors, sets, or extensive production crews.
- Timelessness: They don’t date as quickly as live-action content, which might feature outdated fashion or technology, making them a longer-lasting marketing investment.
- Easy to Update: Unlike live-action videos, motion graphics allow for easy updates or changes without the need for a reshoot, saving both time and money.
- Speed of Production: The production of motion graphics can be remarkably quick – often, you can organize and execute the creation process within a matter of days.
- Adaptability: Motion graphics can be exported in various formats, including lightweight JSON for web applications, making them highly adaptable to different media types.
- Flexible Dimensions: They can be easily resized and reformatted, from traditional horizontal layouts to vertical ones for social media platforms, or even large formats suitable for digital billboards like the NASDAQ screen.
With these additions, motion graphics ads prove to be an efficient and versatile tool for modern marketing strategies, offering benefits that can enhance the visual communication of any brand or product.
Where can I use motion graphics ads?
Motion graphics ads can be used across a wide range of platforms and mediums, each serving a different purpose in your marketing strategy. Here are several places where you can use motion graphics ads:
- Social Media: Short motion graphics are ideal for platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, where users are scrolling quickly and you need to catch attention fast.
- Television Commercials: Despite the rise of digital media, TV is still a powerful medium for motion graphics ads, especially for reaching certain demographics.
- Websites and Landing Pages: Embedded in web pages, motion graphics can explain complex products or services quickly and engagingly to keep visitors on your site longer.
- Digital Billboards and Public Displays: High-traffic areas like airports, train stations, and city squares are excellent places for eye-catching motion graphics.
- YouTube and Video Platforms: Pre-roll ads or sponsored content on YouTube and similar platforms can make use of motion graphics to engage viewers before or during video content.
- Email Marketing: Animated graphics within emails can increase engagement and click-through rates by drawing the reader’s attention.
- Presentations: In corporate settings, motion graphics can be used in presentations to investors, stakeholders, or clients to simplify and enhance the communication of information.
- Trade Shows and Conferences: Motion graphics can be displayed on screens at trade show booths or conferences to attract and inform attendees.
- E-Learning and Training Modules: They are great for making educational content more digestible and retaining the learner's attention.
- Mobile Apps and Games: Intros, tutorials, and promotional content within apps and games can be made more interactive and engaging with motion graphics.
- Point-of-Sale Displays: In-store displays are more captivating with motion graphics, often leading to increased time spent at the display and better brand recall.
- Cinema Advertising: Before the main feature, cinemas often show adverts where motion graphics can stand out on the big screen.
Each platform offers different advantages, and the use of motion graphics should be tailored to the context of the ad’s placement and the target audience you want to reach.
Final Words -
Motion graphics ads give brands the freedom to create urgency, promote brand awareness, release new products, and showcase value propositions creatively. Hopefully, after watching our examples and reading our breakdowns, you will be inspired to incorporate a motion graphics advertisement in your next marketing campaign.
If you are interested in using animation but don’t know where to start, our animation agency, YansMedia, has a team of professional motion graphics artists that specialize in working with a variety of brands. Contact us today for a free consultation and allow us to show you how we can create stunning commercials that accomplish your unique promotional needs.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing.
For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
text element using
the "When inside of" nested selector system.