Important Numbers To Utilize for Your Next YouTube Video Marketing Campaign
Even though YouTube is one of the three most popular websites in the world, it still allows any business to promote its goods and services for free. Surely, you shouldn’t miss the chance to reach the global audience using the most engaging type of content (video) to date. We have gathered research to prove that there are no limits for your ROI if you use YouTube correctly for your video marketing.
YouTube Users Demographics
Every month, 2 billion users worldwide log in to YouTube to watch trending, funny, educational, and entertaining videos. Let’s find out who they are to help make your YouTube marketing strategy as accurately targeted as possible.
- 81% of 15-25 year old Americans are active YouTube users.
- 18 to 34-year-old YouTube users consider this platform to be one of the two most popular for watching videos on TV screens. What’s more, YouTube watch time from TV screens recently increased by 39%.
- 93% of Indian users who watch videos frequently use YouTube for it. By the way, the number of internet users in India is growing rapidly. To date, there are 697 million Indian internet users (compared to 284 million internet users from America).
- More than 100 different countries already have local YouTube versions, and there are 80 languages to switch to. Additionally, only 33% of popular YouTube videos are shot in English, and 80% of YouTube users are from outside the USA.
Marketing insight! Taking this data into account, YouTube is a great platform to reach a multilingual audience and go global.
YouTube Traffic and Revenues Statistics
- The USA traffic share takes only 15% of total YouTube traffic.
- However, YouTube is going to get $5.5 billion in ad revenue in the US alone.
- The number of channels earning 6-figure revenues grew by 40%. 5-figure revenues grew by 50%. And there’s also a 65% increase in the number of channels with one million or more subscribers each year.
- One billion hours across 5 billion videos watched, and one billion mobile views from 1.57 billion YouTube users – this is what is happening on YouTube every single day. Plus, 500 hours of video were uploaded by users per minute (as of May 2019).
- The average YouTube usage is 11m 24s per day.
- 70% of all Youtube video views come from mobile devices.
YouTube Users Preferences and Behavior
If you want to get started with a Youtube video marketing strategy, analysis of target audience preferences and behavior comes first. Here are some important insights to take into account.
- Personal interests and preferences are 3 times more important for modern users than the presence of a famous actor or celebrity in the video. 60% of users watch videos that are directly related to their interests.
This means that you don’t need to pay a fortune to a celebrity or influencer to take part in your video production. In most cases, it will be enough to come up with a high-quality and engaging video product that matches your audience’s values and helps in solving their problem.
- YouTube’s recommendation engine helps users to make 70% of their watching choices on the platform.
- 80% of shoppers start the process of decision making by watching a YouTube video related to the product they want to buy. And 43% of online buyers will purchase a product seen from YouTube video ads.
YouTube For Business Statistics
Used by 62% of companies globally, YouTube is one of the three most promising platforms for video marketing (Instagram and Facebook being the other 2). There are very few business cases where YouTube isn’t suitable for video marketing – for example, when vertical videos are your highest bet. However, research shows that it’s often highly effective if used right.
- 78% of marketers consider YouTube to be the most effective video ads platform, and 62% of them plan to invest more in video campaigns.
- 70% of short Youtube ads helped brands to boost awareness among users.
- Video marketing also works well for B2B – it’s one of the top five content channels used by B2B marketers.
- 64% of B2B marketers managed to attract huge audiences after holding a webinar and uploading it to YouTube.
- 65% of senior executives switch to the site after watching a related YouTube video.
Obviously, YouTube shouldn’t be your only marketing channel. Check out the most important video marketing statistics here to plan your video marketing strategy. However, it’s a great place to start interacting with users and moving them to your video sales funnel. At Yans Media, we know how to help your business stand out from the crowd on YouTube. Drop us a line to find out how we can help your business!
Interested In Explainer Video?
Get More Info & Pricing