In this article, we have collected the results of studies regarding explainer videos in marketing and business strategies. In a nutshell, this is what users love and expect from the business. Want to know more specifically how an explainer video can work with different marketing approaches? Then the following facts and figures are for you.
Videos Affect Marketing Goals Achievement
The most important finding in our video marketing statistics research is the fact that 99% of marketers who used video in 2019, will do it in 2020 as well. For now, videos are #1 media content type that is used regardless of the industry. The reason for choosing this strategy is simple – the video is able to generate results wherever you use it. And here are the numbers that prove it.
Explainer Video Statistics
Explainer Videos in Email Marketing
- Emails with video have 300% better click rates.
- Interactive email letters improve click-to-open rate by 73%. (GetResponse)
- Video emails have a 96% higher click-through rate.
Thus, it is always a good idea to add an explainer video to your email newsletter. Depending on an explainer video type, you may show it in a letter on different stages of relations with your customers. For example, you may use a demo video when talking to users who have recently subscribed but still didn’t download your app. Or you may come up with a great how-to explainer video and answer users’ main questions in it. By the way, the last idea may reduce the load on your support staff by 36%.
Lead Generation Statistics
- 93% of marketers said they got high-quality leads with the help of native video ads. (Oberlo)
- Marketers also noted that it is possible to get 66% more qualified leads yearly with the help of the explainer video.
- Landing pages with explainer videos convert 86% better.
- The average conversion rate on the website with a video is 4,8% compared to 2,9% for the website without it.
Explainer Videos Positively Affects Your SEO Results
- Video content is 50 times more useful in terms of driving search results compared to plain text. (Tubular Insights)
- It is possible to get 157% more organic traffic from search results with the help of the video. (Brightedge)
Explainer Videos Speed Up Decision-Making
- 80% of customers start deciding on purchase from watching YouTube videos about the product.
And they are absolutely right because the explanatory video can perform different tasks depending on what users are looking for. For example, a demo video explains the essence of the idea and possible benefits for customers, a tutorial video shows how to use your product or service, and how-to explainer video prompts answers to specific queries. Each type of explanatory video answers user questions and the better your answer is, the greater the likelihood of a purchase.
- 8 out of 10 customers think demo videos are useful and assist best in understanding product or service features.
- 97% of marketers are sure an explainer video helped their users to get better understanding of a product or service.
- 64% of online buyers decided to purchase after watching a video on social media.
- 43% of customers buy something they saw in YouTube ads even despite the fact that 81% of users mute video ads. (Online Marketing Gurus)
- 15 and 30-seconds ads videos are viewed to the end in 84% and 90% of cases accordingly.
- 50% of social media users prefer to watch a video to find out how to do something.
- 85% of users tell they are more likely to buy something after seeing an explainer video about it.
- If something is going wrong with a product or service, 68% of users prefer to watch an explainer video on how to fix it instead of getting in touch with customer support. By the way, only 20% of users prefer to read while the other 80% would like to watch a video if available.
- 73% of users bought a product after watching an explainer video about it. (Tubular Insights)
Mobile Video Consumption Statistics
Employing video as a part of your strategy is definitely important, however, there is also necessary to take users’ behavioral patterns into account. Here are some video-related ones.
- By 2022, 205 million users will watch videos via smartphones. For comparison, this figure was 187.7 million in 2019. (Statista)
- An average time spent by adult users on mobile video consumption will reach 30 minutes in 2020.
- This year, companies plan to invest nearly 16 million dollars in mobile video ads. By 2020, this figure is going to reach $22 million. (eMarketer)
The best thing about explaining video is that you can use it at different stages of a sales funnel and within any marketing channel. Being created professionally and creatively (recently, we explained how to create an effective explainer video), this tool will attract, convert, provide answers to questions, and improve brand awareness without your direct participation.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing.
For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
text element using
the "When inside of" nested selector system.