Video is everywhere. From Instagram to Snapchat to YouTube to TikTok, all the best content coming out is digital video. If you’re reading this, it’s because you don’t just want to sit and watch anymore.
You want to create.
All those platforms have basic tools, but you need features to get the edge in making awesome video content. You don’t have a big studio budget, but that doesn’t matter anymore.
Read on to learn about the best video editing apps for aspiring content creators.
1. Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Rush is a brand new video editing app released by Adobe in November 2018.
Compared to AdobePremiere Pro, Premiere Rush is a lighter version video editing app which can be used on mobile devices.
But this doesn’t mean that it’s not for advanced or professional users because it’s actually a very powerful app. Although a bit limited compared to Premiere Pro, you can still make awesome content with this app.
- Supports multiple tracks of video and audio layers
- Huge range of supported file types and files from a large range of cameras
- Slow motion edits
- Filters and presets
- Animated titles
- Cross platform compatible (the app will automatically transfer your last edits to your other devices so you can start your edits in one device and continue the editing process on your other devices)
- Support for editing different video formats.
- You can also swap between different format files. Once you’ve started creating and have selected your size, you can repurpose it for different social platforms.
- Presets to export your files straight to your social pages such as Facebook, Instagram, and Behance
- Super fast exporting time even if you use a phone.
- You can’t copy and paste your effects or apply a color grade across multiple clips.
- You have to select the clip, apply the effect or the grade that you want and you have to do the same thing for all the following clips.
If you’ve already got Adobe or Premiere Pro subscription than Adobe Premiere Rush is already included.
$9.99 – per month (access to unlimited exports, 100 GB of cloud storage, Adobe fonts and Adobe Portfolio)
$119.88 – per year
iOS, Mac, Android, and Windows.
It’s a great option for beginners or intermediate creators who want more advanced editing features and more control over their projects.
- Easy to use, intuitive interface
- Features for setting advanced audio controls and advanced effects
- Support for multiple video and audio layers
- Cutting and trimming tools
- Built-in animated titles that look very professional
- Support for editing different formats and sizes as well as editing and exporting 4K videos
- Works perfect both with long and short format videos.
- Uses watermarks and ads on free version.
- Basic color correction tools.
- You can’t swap between different format files once you’ve started creating and selected your size.
$4.99 – per month (removes ads and watermark)
$39.99 – per year (removes ads and watermark)
In-app purchases system (buy extra transitions effects and titles and those sorts of things)
Android and iOS
Easy to use intuitive video editing app with all the advanced features.
Another standout feature for PowerDirector is the level of control you’ve got over your color correction inside your videos.
That’s a massive thing in more advanced video editing; to be able to dial in and really get your colors looking the way that you want for professional looking content.
PowerDirector is available on Android (Editor’s Choice) and Windows.
Multi track video editing
- Advanced audio control
- Advanced color correction
- Ability to easily pick up and move your clips around, trim them down, integrate music.
- Supports 4K footage
- 360° editor
- Ability to adjust all your volume levels
- Ability to add your videos in landscape and in portrait
- You can’t control the pitch and speed of your audio
- You can’t edit 2 videos at the same time
- You can’t preview your audio edit until you finish editing
$99.99/$129.99 – Lifetime License
$19.99/$29.99 – per month access
$48.99/$89.99 – per year access
Android and Windows
Another powerful and solid content creating app is LumaFusion.
One of the key points that make this app amazing is that it asks you what kind of project you want to create before you start the editing process.
It seems like a very simple feature, but If you’re setting up your project correctly from the start the flow down the line will be much smoother.
- Ability to add in multiple video layers
- Amazing color correction tool (full
- Spectrum of color controls)
- Ability to add key frames
- Adjust your audio up and down throughout
- Different parts of your audio files
- Multiple audio and video tracks
- Ability to adjust the volumes on the tracks
- No animated titles
- Fiddly layers
$29.99 – one time fee (lifetime access)
InShot is a powerful, fast, and super easy to use video editing app. It works perfectly if you want to make simple edits.
For those who want to be more creative and have more control over the editing process, this app probably isn’t the right fit. Still, it has lots of features and options to make your videos sharp and catchy.
It also works well for creating different versions of videos for different social media platforms.
Great color correction options, filters and additions that you can apply across your video
- Supports all major video sizes and formats
Perfect for creating different social media content
- Support for multiple video layers or multiple audio layers
- Works for short format video editing
- You can get your edit without watermark if you watch the ad before exporting the video\
- Doesn’t have extra fancy features
- It’s not user-friendly for longer format video edits
$43 – lifetime access to the Pro version
$4.39 – Per month access to the Pro version
$13.99 – Per year access to the Pro version
Android and iOS
We hope you enjoyed this article of the five best editing apps for up and coming content creators.
Whether you make videos as a hobby and are looking for ways to make your videos look better, or you’ve got a plan to be the next Instagram or YouTube superstar, you can’t go wrong with any of these apps.
And remember, everyone started with a first video that was probably pretty terrible and basic. The most important thing isn’t the app you use, it’s that you keep creating content. And of course, that you have fun doing it.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing.
For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
text element using
the "When inside of" nested selector system.