Learning from successful new product launch videos serves as a valuable source of inspiration for marketers. In this article, we will:
- Analyze 10 successful product launch videos.
- Offer a comprehensive launch checklist.
- Share copy-and-paste tips to achieve optimal results.
What is a product launch video?
A product launch video helps introduce and market the product during its launch. It can showcase how your product solves a problem and highlights its features.
A great product launch video will gauge interest and see if people like your idea, even if your product isn't fully ready.
Best product launch videos
The first video is from a podcast transcribing, and organization application called Tilder. Marketers for the brand choose a 60-second length to thoroughly explain the innovative product that helps users organize long-form audio.
Tilder illustrates their target audience by depicting a frustrated listener becoming overwhelmed with information.
The animators do an incredible job of combining the lived experience of their target audience with a visualization of disorganized audio files. Through animation and short scenes, the viewer identifies with the main character in the video.
The video clearly explains how the software transcribes and organizes the content by showing animated images of the UI in action. Tilder walks viewers through the entire process, starting with uploading the audio, transcribing the content, organizing it into chapters and summaries, then providing analytics.
2. Eero by Amazon
Amazon’s Eero Wifi router is just one of the dozens of products available on the market, so the tech giant must communicate why their solution is more effective than other options.
The video accomplishes this by animating the benefits of the product. Imagery and audio of light speed capture the superior bandwidth of the router. Then viewers are shown the internet connectivity around the house and how users can control their network through personal devices.
A new product launch video communicating a non-tangible concept like an internet connection can be challenging. The marketers at Amazon chose to use animation to illustrate the abstract idea and identify how their product stands out in a crowded market.
3. 1972 Bourbon
Alcohol advertising is brutal because it is one of the most competitive industries on Earth. There are thousands of bourbon companies to choose from, making a product reveal video incredibly important.
1972 captures the target market perfectly with the video's imagery, voice-over, and relatable story.
A quick 30-second story of an unforgettable night is plenty of time to communicate the brand message and appeal to 1972's key demographic.
10 Great Examples of 30-Second Explainer Videos.
Everything You Should Know About 30-Second Explainer Videos
4. Quickbooks x Etsy
Brand collaborations are great marketing strategies to encourage more people to adopt a service. Quickbooks and Etsy are the perfect combinations for independent artists to make their lives easier.
The marketers understand the Etsy user and choose an animation style that will appeal to a creative entrepreneur. Scenes are colorful and tastefully designed with a minimalistic style and simple lines. Frames shift from the busy life of an Etsy seller, their store interface, and leisure time to communicate the advantages of automating taxes with QuickBooks.
Many product launch videos have the intent of seizing a new market. QuickBooks' collab with Etsy is an excellent example of capitalizing on a growing market, in this case, the gig economy. What makes the attempt successful is the producer's understanding of the new market; we can see evidence through their choice of creative imagery and a unique style.
5. Apple iPhone 11
Apple could be the greatest marketer of all time, the company’s ability to convince its loyal customers to purchase at least on new expensive product per year has truly been remarkable to witness over the years. The iPhone 11 rollout is an example of one of the tech company’s most successful campaigns.
Within 2 minutes, Apple identifies nearly every problem an iPhone user could have and offers a solution. The phone gets beat up, spilled on, and an attempted security breach by a baby, showcasing its new durable hardware and facial recognition software.
Apple’s product reveal animation highlights new features such as slow-mo video, all day battery, and night mode. Cramming so much into one video is extremely difficult but the producers pull it off by utilizing quick scenes and text.
Sometimes simplicity is your best option. Purple demonstrates how creative product launch video ideas can carry the advertisement and effectively deliver the brand's value proposition. Animation allows the brand to show how the mattress accommodates even the most ridiculous body shapes.
While the scenario is obviously unrealistic, viewers get the point; if a Purple mattresses' high-tech foam grid can handle the weight transfer of an elephant and the unique shape of a camel, humans will have no trouble experiencing undisturbed sleep.
Animation allows Purple to create the simple yet ridiculous circumstances shown in the video to communicate the product's value.
7. Customer Fields
Customer Fields is a Shopify app that helps eCommerce operators add features to their online store. The video uses shapes to communicate the frustrations of a restrictive platform like Shopify. If a user watches the video they will instantly relate to how difficult it is customizing their Shopify store. By the end of the product launch animated video, the shapes align, thanks to Customer Fields, and harmony is restored in the Shopify universe.
8. GoPro HERO 10 Black
GoPro is uniquely positioned to take advantage of user-generated content in its marketing. When possible, showing the product in action makes for incredible product reveal videos.
New features on the Hero 10 are brought to life using real-life examples. For example, new stability is shown by strapping the camera to a dog, a scuba diver demonstrates the waterproof case, and the wide-angle lens is delivered with footage on a selfie stick.
GoPro also recognizes new challenges and caters to a market beyond people jumping out of planes. For example, steamers are depicted using their camera to broadcast live from their living room directly through the GoPro Hero 10. In addition, the video shows how easy it is to upload content to the cloud directly from the new device.
9. Adobe Shasta
Adobe is known for providing the design industry with multiple essential solutions that create photos, motion graphics, and video but hasn’t planted its flag into audio engineering. Shasta is Adobe’s new AI-powered software that automated audio production.
The product reveal video from Adobe is a little different than our other picks. It is specifically targeted toward creators with a goal of getting adopters to sign up for early access. The Shasta product launch video caters to the market of content creators by using specific imagery.
Throughout the video, you’ll notice the combination of motion graphics and still real-life human body parts. It’s a risky choice but tastefully done. Going outside the box will appeal to the type of person they want trying the new audio software.
10. LG OLED x Netflix
LG’s product launch video is another example of how beneficial collaboration can be for a company releasing a new product or service. By leveraging Netflix, LG appeals to consumers wanting access to streaming services without additional hardware.
The video features intense audio, immersive visuals, and bold text to convey the potential of the new release by LG. Products like TVs require incredibly graphic advertising to communicate their value. LG leans on content created by Netflix and transitions from scenes in the movies to the character’s viewing area and meshing the two together, creating a visually stunning experience for the viewer.
Benefits of a product launch video
- Showcasing Features: Videos visually emphasize the key features and benefits of your product.
- Clarity: Videos are a powerful tool to clearly convey the problem your product solves and simplify complex details.
- Demonstration: They visually show how your product works, making it easier for potential customers to grasp its usefulness.
- Brand Awareness: Product launch videos boost brand visibility and recognition.
- User Engagement: These videos encourage interaction with potential customers through comments, likes, and shares on social media and video-sharing platforms.
- Increase Conversion: You can include clear calls to action, urging viewers to take desired actions like making a purchase or signing up for updates.
- Credibility: High-quality videos enhance your product's credibility and trustworthiness.
- Global Reach: Videos reach a worldwide audience, eliminating geographical barriers.
- Versatility: They can be used across platforms, including websites, social media, email marketing, and presentations.
- Time Efficiency: Videos save time for both you and your audience by relaying information more swiftly than text.
- Competitive Advantage: Well-crafted product launch videos provide a competitive edge in your market.
- SEO Boost: Videos enhance your website's search engine optimization (SEO) and drive organic traffic. When people watch a video and spend more time on your website, Google receives a signal that the page is credible, resulting in improved ranking and more visibility.
How Do I Create a New Product Video for free?
It's all about how much time and money you're willing to invest. Even though it's not entirely free, as your time has value. However, the most budget-friendly approach is to create your product video using your phone or a home studio setup. Check out this excellent example of a viral product video created on a modest budget for inspiration.
What should be included in a product launch?
When discussing what to include in a product launch video, it's equally important to consider what not to include. Here's what to avoid:
- Avoid Overwhelming with Features: Refrain from diving into every single feature, especially if your competitors offer the same. Instead, concentrate on the primary problem your product solves and the key benefits it brings.
- Prioritize the Main Problem and Benefits: Highlight the central problem your product addresses and the significant benefits it offers. This way, your message remains focused and impactful.
- Incorporate a Clear Call to Action: Include a straightforward call to action. It guides interested viewers on what steps to take next. Whether it's making a purchase or signing up, make their next move crystal clear.
How to Use a Call to Action in a Marketing Video
Where to post product launch videos?
You have the flexibility to share your product launch video in various places. Consider posting it on your website, social media channels, YouTube, as well as relevant platforms like ProductHunt. You can even embed it on platforms such as Quora and Reddit to reach a wider audience.
How to launch my product launch video?
Having a product launch video doesn't guarantee instant success. To boost its performance, follow these steps:
- Choose the Right Hosting: Opt for a solid hosting platform for your video. While YouTube is a major search platform, consider business-friendly options like Wistia. It offers valuable tools like heatmaps, built-in call-to-action features, AB testing, and CRM integration.
- Include a Contact Form: After someone watches your video, make sure to provide a contact form or a clear call to action. It might seem obvious, but many marketers overlook this step and miss out on potential leads.
- Provide Support: Offer support on the page where you launch your product video. People may have questions, and quick, friendly communication can pique their interest and trust.
- Expand to Multiple Platforms: Besides your website, launch your video on various platforms such as ProductHunt, Kickstarter, and other relevant ones.
- Choose the Right Social Media: Social media is an excellent way to share your video, but be mindful of your budget when considering advertising. Focus on one or two platforms that resonate with your audience, and continually test to improve your return on investment (ROI).
- Optimize Your Homepage or Landing Page: Your website is a natural spot for your video. Consider these checklist items: prominently place it at the top with an enticing image and include a play button. A simple "watch video" text doesn't work as effectively as a play button. Also, ensure you have a strong call to action near the video to guide your customers to the next step in your sales funnel.
Final Words -
A product review video is essential component in building customer loyalty and retaining market share. Reviewing examples from successful companies like Apple, Amazon, and Purple can help you create a successful product roll out campaign for your brand. But if you are having trouble coming up with an effective launch strategy, Yans Media can help.
Our team of animation professionals have experience executing campaigns across multiple sectors, reach out today for a free consultation.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing.
For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
text element using
the "When inside of" nested selector system.