Social Media Video Statistics That You Can’t-Miss
Our list of social media video statistics for 2020 – all the important facts and researches.
Even taken separately, social media and video can give your business more than you can imagine. What do you think will happen if you use social networks as a platform, and video as a tool to achieve your marketing goals?
Below we have collected research results that provide a complete answer to your question. What is more, these success indicators can be yours in a very short term, so let’s get started now.
Social Media Videos Consumption Facts and Figures
- According to recent studies, the population of the Earth is 7.8 billion people. 4.5 billion of them are active users of the Internet, and 3.8 billion are active users of social networks. Hypothetically, you can achieve each of them if you develop the right social media strategy. And employ videos as well.
- Every day, users spend 2 hours 24 minutes on social media on average (users age from 16 to 64 years). Moreover, hanging on social networks and watching videos are the most popular activities on the Internet at the moment.
- Teens and millennials consume 40% less television content than five years ago. Their focus has shifted to social networks, YouTube, and Netflix.
- 75% of millennials, that is, users with the highest purchasing power at the moment, watch videos on social networks every day. All you have to do is segment them correctly, customize and personalize your video in order to hit the target.
77 Video Marketing Statistics Every Marketer Must Know
Social Media Video and Shopping Statistics
- 54% of users use social media to find out more about the brands they already know or to research new products or services.
- 80% of Instagram users follow at least one business profile, and 200 million customers visit at least one business profile every day. (Adespresso)
- 71% of users will recommend your company if they are satisfied with their social media experience while making a purchase from you.
- 62% of Facebook users would like to find out more about your offer if they have seen it in Facebook Stories. (Facebook)
- 64% of digital buyers noted that social media video helped them to make a final decision and purchase from a brand.
Social Media Video Statistics That Will Surprise You
If you are looking for the most effective platform to promote your brand with videos, you should know that it is Instagram – even not YouTube as you may guess. Surely, you should not leverage your Facebook and YouTube presence, but according to recent studies, Instagram is going to become the most promising platform for video marketing and sales-driving.
- Compared to Facebook and Twitter, top Instagram brands see 58 and 120 times higher per-follower engagement rate accordingly.
And here is one more approach to take into account that is directly connected with IGTV and Stories. Vertical videos are becoming trendy, and what is more, they are really effective.
Compared to horizontal videos, they are able to provide a 90% higher competition rate and 13.8% more audiences than square videos.
- We have already explained why vertical videos make sense, so be sure to consider this approach for your new video marketing strategy as well.
As for Facebook videos, they can also be powerful enough if you use them correctly.
- An average Facebook video post has up to 86% higher reach.
- Live video streaming of Facebook may provide you with a 26% engagement rate. What is more, it is forecasted that Facebook is going to become a video-only platform in the recent few years.
- If you compare shared YouTube links and native videos uploaded to Facebook, the latter shows a 10 times higher reach level.
93% of marketers said video on social media helped them to convert a lead into a loyal and paying customer. The research results that we shared with you prove that social networks and videos are the perfect match with very strong marketing potential. What is more, this trend will only intensify, so let’s think about your social video marketing strategy today to be sure of success tomorrow.
Interested In Social Media Video?
Get More Info & Pricing