Even if you’ve never used Facebook for business, there are really only two important things you need to know.
- Firstly, Facebook is a global database of users, each of whom is happy to share their interests and preferences. This makes targeting more accurate than any other advertising method.
- Secondly, Facebook users are crazy about video.
The statistics we have collected below prove that Facebook video advertising works, users want to see it, and the return on marketing campaigns on this platform significantly exceeds the cost.
Facebook Usage Statistics
- Facebook is the third most popular website in the world (after Google and YouTube) with 2.41 billion active visitors per month. ( Digital Information World )
- 74% (1.62 billion) of all Facebook users (and 71% of American adults) log in daily. (Omnicore)
- 300 million users watch Stories daily too. (SproutSocial)
The Power of Facebook as a Video Marketing Platform
- Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram are the most promising social platforms to launch video marketing campaigns.
- 84% of video marketers are using Facebook as one of their main video marketing channels. Two-thirds of American marketers do the same. ( HootSuite )
- 24.5% of budgets for video marketing was spent on Facebook by American companies in 2018. ( 99 Firms )
- Currently, native videos are used on 90% of Facebook profiles. ( Forbes )
- Facebook will be able to earn $9.6 billion for video advertising alone.
- 87% of social video advertising spending in the USA is controlled by Facebook. ( Smallbizgenius)
- 94% of Facebook advertising earning comes from mobile devices, and half of this sum comes from mobile-first video ads.
- Facebook is going to become closer to “video-only” by 2021. ( Businessinsider )
Facebook Users Behavior Stats
- 52% of American adults use Facebook to discover the latest news. (Forbes)
- 47% of consumers watch video ads mainly on Facebook. And by the way, 74% of all Facebook users have above average income. (HootSuite)
- There are more than 4 billion video watches on Facebook every day. According to this source, 500 million viewers watch 100 million hours of video content on Facebook daily.
- 65% of all these views come from mobile.
- 85% of all videos displayed on Facebook are watched on mute. What’s more, 80% of Facebook users feel annoyed because of the auto-playing video ad in their news feed. (So don’t forget to add a transcription to your video so your users may watch and read at the same time and turn off autoplay forever.) ( American Press Institute )
- 62% of users noted that they become more interested in a product or service after discovering it in Stories. ( Facebook )
- Intentionally consumed videos on Facebook are watched 5 times longer compared to those that are discovered. Compared to a static post, users will also spend 5 times more time on a post that contains a video. ( JeffBullas )
- Young users (18-24 years old) spend 75% of their Facebook time on video ads compared to 65+ year old visitors.
- 71% of shoppers find Facebook video ads shown to them to be relevant. However, 51% of adult and older users don’t understand how their feed works and why certain posts are shown to them.
Video Types That Work Best on Facebook
- Facebook users like live streams more than recorded videos – the probability of watching a live stream is 4 times more. Live stream video engagement is 26% higher on Facebook compared to other platforms.
- Users also like square videos – they are watched 35% more frequently than landscape ones.
- But vertical videos are loved with 6-9 times more engagment than square videos. They also get 13.8% more visibility.
- Short videos work better – a 15+ second video ad has a higher abandon rate. The first three seconds of a Facebook video ad are responsible for 47% of total campaign value. That is why 65% of users who watched the first three seconds of a video are likely to watch it up to 10 seconds.
- Facebook native videos have 10 times more reach compared to shared YouTube links, as well as getting 478% more shares compared to other platforms.
Facebook Videos Performance Statistics
- Facebook video posts have an average engagement rate of 6.01%.
- Videos with numbers in titles are likely to receive more views.
- Facebook videos with captions also work well – they are able to boost viewing time by 12%.
- Mobile-first Facebook video increases brand awareness by up to 67%.
- The cost of a Facebook video ad is just 10% of a carousel or single image ad cost.
- TV advertising costs 20 times more than Facebook ads. What’s more, Facebook reaches twice the audience of a TV ad.
- A call to action placed in the middle of the video has the highest conversion rate (16.95%).
Facebook is perhaps the best social network for marketing and sales because no other platform allows you to target users with the same accuracy as Facebook. No other platform is as loyal to business as Facebook. Users also share this opinion and want to see ads relevant to their interests. All you have to do is show the right video to the right users at the right time. We are always here to help you create the best video ad possible to maximise Facebook for your business. Contact us now for a free consultation with our strategy experts.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing.
For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
text element using
the "When inside of" nested selector system.